For the oatmeal:
· 1 ½ cups rolled or steel cut oats
· ½ teaspoon dry ginger
· ½ teaspoon sea salt
· 1 teaspoon baking powder
· 4 cups vanilla almond milk, unsweetened
· 2 cups coconut milk
· 1 ½ cups fresh blueberries
· ¼ cup flaked coconut
· Agave or sweetener of choice to taste
For the topping:
· 2 cups blueberries
· Lemon or orange zest
Optional for garnish:
· Toasted nuts, coconut, whipped cream, coconut milk
1. Preheat oven to 350. Coat a 9x13 pan with nonstick spray.
2. Combine oats, ginger, salt, baking powder and milks in a large bowl. Gently fold in blueberries and coconut. Sweeten to taste.
3. Bake for 30 minutes for rolled oats and one hour for steel cut oats.
4. For the blueberry sauce: heat blueberries over medium heat with a splash of water and zest. Stir and mash until sauce thickens.
5. Heat oatmeal and top with sauce.