· 1 ½# tomatillo, de-husked and cut in half
· 4 chiles, whole
· 2 tablespoons oil
· 1 cup cilantro, chopped
· 1 cup crema
· 1.5 teaspoons ground cumin
· 6 cloves garlic
· ¾ cup hot water
· 6 eggs, scrambled
· 6 roasted chiles, deseeded and diced
· 12 ounces queso fresco + 4 oz queso fresco for topping
· 2 green onions, chopped
· Corn tortillas
1. In a bowl, toss the tomatillo with the oil and salt and pepper. Broil in the oven until charred. Let cool slightly.
2. Transfer the roasted tomatillos, all of the tomatillo juice and 3 of the chiles to a food processor and mix with the cilantro, crema, cumin, garlic and hot water. Puree until smooth. Set aside.
3. In a bowl, combine the eggs, 3 remaining chiles, 12 oz. of queso fresco and the green onions. Stir to combine.
4. Pour a small amount of sauce into the bottom of the pan. Layer tortillas over sauce. Add egg mixture. Place another layer of tortillas over the eggs. Pour remaining sauce over the top.
5. Crumble the remaining 4 ounces of queso fresco and bake in a 425°F degree oven for 15-20 minutes. Enjoy!