· 4 flour tortilla 10” in diameter
· 8 large eggs
· Optional: 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
· 1 cup shredded cheese of choice
· Salt & Pepper to taste
· 8 slices ham, chopped
· 8 slices bacon, sliced
· Sour Cream or Crema
· Oil, as needed
1. Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Cook bacon until browned and cooked through then remove to a plate or skip the above step and cook in oven on 375°F on a sheet pan until crispy. Wipe excess oil from skillet, if needed. Reduce heat to low.
2. In a bowl, add eggs with a hefty pinch of salt and pepper, if desired add taco seasoning. Beat with a fork or whisk. Add beaten eggs to pan and swirl to spread evenly over the bottom of the pan. Cook over low heat until eggs are cooked through. Set aside on a plate or in a bowl.
3. Increase heat of pan to medium. Add a little oil (about 1 tsp).
4. Place a tortilla in front of you and sprinkle cheese on half. Top with 2 pieces of ham, ¼ of the eggs, 2 pieces of bacon and another sprinkle of cheese. Fold closed. Using a spatula, lift up the quesadilla and gently place it in the pan without tipping. Cook until browned on one side, flip and cook on the other. Remove to a cutting board and cut into wedges with a knife or pizza cutter. Repeat 4 times!!
5. Top with salsa and sour cream and enjoy!