1 pound ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
½ cup basil, chiffonade
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 round sourdough bread loaf
1 tablespoon Gather Italian seasoning or your favorite Italian seasoning
Round of brie cheese (needs to fit into the bread bowl)
Olive oil, to brush
Salt & Pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, basil and garlic.
3. Cut a circle the size of the brie from the middle of the sourdough loaf being careful not to cut through to the bottom of the loaf.
4. Place the brie in the middle of the loaf.
5. Top with the tomato mixture. Place on a baking sheet with the top of the bread to the side.
6. Brush top and sides of bread bowl with olive oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.
7. Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
9. Remove from the oven and slice the top piece of bread into cubes for dipping up the baked brie.
10. Cut slits every inch along the edge of the bread bowl, for easy pulling apart and dipping.
11. Drizzle the balsamic glaze over the top and serve. Enjoy!