For the chicken:
· 4 chicken breasts
· 2 tablespoons Gather Italian Seasoning or seasoning of choice
· 1 ball fresh mozzarella, sliced
· 8 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
· 1-2 tomatoes, sliced
· 1 pound baby potatoes
· 2 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· Salt & Pepper to taste
Optional Pan Sauce:
· ½ cup white wine or chicken stock
· 1-2 tablespoons cold butter, cut in small pieces
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Optional: For best flavor, add some oil to a saute pan, season chicken with salt and pepper and brown on both sides. Or skip and move onto next step.
3. Rub chicken with salt, pepper and seasoning. Place on sheet pan.
4. In a large bowl, toss potatoes with oil, rosemary, salt and pepper. Place around chicken on sheet pan.
5. Place pan in oven and cook for 15 minutes.
6. After 15 minutes, add cheese and a tomato slice to top of each piece of chicken and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until chicken reaches 165°F to melt the cheese and warm the tomato.
7. While chicken is cooking, make optional pan sauce by adding wine or stock to the same pan you cooked the chicken in over medium high heat. Scrape up the bits from the bottom of the pan and cook until the liquid is reduced in half. Turn heat to lowest setting, then add 1-2 small pieces of butter at a time, whisking continuously until thickened.
8. Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes. Add basil to the top of the chicken, serve and enjoy!