· 6 large carrots, diced
· ¼ cup preserved lemon, diced
· 1 tablespoon Gather Dry Harissa
· 2 tablespoons olive oil
· Drizzle of honey
· 1 pound Brussel sprouts, shaved
· 1 cup roasted & lightly salted pistachios
· 6 dates, quartered
· ½ cup feta
· 2 tablespoons mint, chopped & divided
· 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped & divided
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. On a baking sheet, toss carrots with preserved lemons, harissa, olive oil and drizzle with honey. Season with salt & pepper. Roast for 20 to 30 minutes or until carrots are well roasted.
2. While carrots are roasting, prep the rest of the salad. Using a mandoline or sharp knife, shave Brussel sprouts and set aside in a large bowl with 1 tablespoon mint and 1 tablespoon parsley.
3. Prepare the citrus yogurt dressing.
4. When carrots are finished roasting, add to the bowl of Brussel sprouts. Add dressing as needed and toss to combine.
5. Assemble on platter with carrot/Brussel sprout mixture as the base, surrounded by cut dates and topped with pistachios and feta.
Citrus Yogurt Dressing:
· 2 tablespoons orange juice
· 6 tablespoons olive oil (flavored oils are great here)
· 2 tablespoons preserved lemon, finely minced
· 1 tablespoons preserved lemon juice
· 1 tablespoon plain greek yogurt
· 1 tablespoon honey
· 1 tablespoon mint
· 1 tablespoon parsley
· Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine.