· 1 onion, diced
· 6 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
· 1 rotisserie chicken, picked and shredded
· 2 quarts chicken stock
· 1- 28oz can crushed tomatoes
· 3 bay leaves
· 2 tablespoons dry oregano
· 4 poblano chilies, roasted and chopped
· 2 jalapenos, stemmed and diced (cored and deseeded if milder soup is desired)
· 2 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen, but not canned)
· 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
· 2 tablespoons cumin
· 1 tablespoon Gather Chili Powder
· Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Place pressure cooking on the saute setting and add oil. Let heat. Once hot, add onion and garlic and saute until softened.
2. While the onions are sautéing, pick the chicken and rough chop meat into bite sized pieces. Add chicken and any juices to pressure cooker.
3. Place stock and tomatoes into pressure cooker. Add bay leaves, oregano, roasted poblanos, jalapeno, corn, cilantro, cumin, chili powder, salt and pepper. Close and bring to low pressure for 15 minutes.
4. Taste soup and adjust salt pepper and spice level to taste.
5. Serve soup hot, over crushed tortilla chips with avocado, sour cream, cheese, tomatoes, fresh cilantro, lime, or any combination of the above.
· If you do not have a pressure cooker, follow the exact same steps for a soup pot, but cook for 30 minutes.
· If you don’t have poblano chilies, use the canned green chilies instead.