· 2 cups celery, diced
· 2 small onions, diced
· 1 ¼ cups roasted peeled chestnuts, chopped
· ½ cup unsalted butter
· 8 ounces dry bread cubes
· 1 tablespoon Gather OCC Chicken Seasoning (or poultry seasoning)
· 1 egg
· 1 ½ cups turkey broth
· Salt & Pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Grease or butter a large baking dish.
2. Add bread cubes to a large bowl.
3. In a measuring cup, whisk together the turkey stock and the egg.
4. In a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat, melt butter and saute celery, onions and chestnuts until veggies are softened. Stir in the seasoning.
5. Add veggies to the bowl with the bread cubes and toss. Then slowly add the stock mixture, stirring as you go to soften all of the bread cubes.
6. Place uncooked stuffing into baking dish and cover with foil.
7. Bake 30 minutes, then remove foil.
8. Bake another 15-20 minutes until lightly browned on top.