· 4 tablespoons butter
· 8 ounces white button mushrooms, sliced
· 1 ounce dried mushrooms, soaked in 2 ¼ cups hot water
· 2 cups mushroom stock (from above)
· 1 teaspoon onion powder
· 2 garlic cloves, minced
· 1 cup milk
· ¼ cup all-purpose flour
· Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Pour 2 ¼ cup boiling water over dried mushrooms in a bowl and cover. Let sit for 20 minutes, or until softened. Chop as desired and add to fresh mushrooms.
2. In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter until foaming. Add mushrooms and garlic and cook until they have released most of their liquid, about 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Add flour and cook until starches are cooked out. Stir in stock and onion powder and bring to a simmer.
4. Stir in milk and cook until soup has thickened, about 1 minute. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
· Makes 16 ounces condensed soup
· To make soup, add 2 cups chicken or mushroom stock