• 6 egg yolks
• 4 tablespoons white sugar, divided
• ½ teaspoon vanilla
• ½ teaspoon cinnamon
• 2 ½ cups heavy cream
• 1 loaf challah or brioche bread
• Syrup, berries & powdered sugar to serve
1. Beat egg yolks, 4 tablespoons white sugar and vanilla extract in a mixing bowl until thick and creamy.
2. Pour cream into a saucepan and stir over low heat until it almost comes to boil. Remove the cream from heat immediately. Stir a small amount of hot cream into the egg yolk mixture to temper; beat until combined. Once tempered add rest of cream and combine.
3. Cut bread and place into baking vessel of your choice. Pour custard over the top of the bread.
4. Let rest for 30 minutes – overnight.
5. Place baking vessel into pressure cooker and cook on high pressure for 7 minutes (for ramekins) or 30 minutes (for full pan). Or, place in a preheated oven in a water bath at 350 for 30-45 minutes.
6. Sprinkle with additional sugar. Preheat oven to broil, or use a crème brulee torch to brown tops.
7. Top with fresh berries, syrup and powdered sugar. Enjoy!