· 2 large Pueblo squash
· 2 heirloom tomatoes
· 8 large leaves of basil
· ¼ - ½ cup parmesan
· 1 cup bread crumbs
· 2 eggs, beaten
· ½ cup flour
· 4 tbsp olive oil and more to drizzle
· Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Slice squash, tomatoes and mozzarella into ½ inch thick pieces. Set tomatoes and mozzarella aside.
2. Mix breadcrumbs and parmesan together on a plate, season with salt and pepper. Beat eggs in a small bowl and pour out onto a plate. Place flour onto an additional plate. Dip squash into flour, egg then bread crumbs and set aside until all pieces are breaded.
3. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a fry pan over medium high heat. Fry zucchini on both sides until golden brown.
4. Alternately stack zucchini, mozzarella, basil and tomato into one stack. Repeat until you have 4 stacks.
5. Drizzle with olive oil, season with finishing salt & pepper and enjoy!