For the Apple Vinaigrette:
· 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
· 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
· 2 tablespoons honey
· 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
· 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
· Salt & Pepper to taste
For the Vegan Parm:
· 1/2 cup raw pine nuts
· 2 tbsp raw sesame seeds
· 2 tsp lemon zest
· 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
· salt pepper
For the Salad:
· 1 apple, cored, halved and sliced thin (approximately 1/8th-inch thick)
· 2 fennel bulbs, sliced very thin (I used a mandoline)
· 8 ounces greens
· ½ cup pecans, toasted
1. Whisk dressing ingredients together and set aside.
2. For the pine nut “parm”, in a food processor or dry ingredient-friendly blender pitcher, combine the pine nuts, sesame seeds, lemon zest, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper. Blend/Pulse until you have a crumbly mixture. Check it for seasoning and adjust if necessary. Set aside.
3. Toss apple and fennel with ¼ of the dressing. Place greens on base of platter, topped with fennel-apple mixture, topped with pecans. Re-dress if desired. Enjoy!