· 1 tablespoon butter
· 1 tablespoon olive oil
· Pinch of salt
· ¾ cup water
· 3 medium onions, julienned
· 1/2 beef bouillon cube, crushed
· 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
· 1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
· 2 cups sour cream
· Chips & Veggies to serve
1. Add butter and oil to a medium skillet. Add onions. Pour in water. Cook covered over medium heat until onions are softened and water is mostly evaporated. Reduce heat to medium low and continue to cook, stirring and pressing into the pan occasionally. Continue to cook for 15-20 minutes or until you have caramelized onions.
2. When onions are almost finished, stir in beef bouillon cube, mustard and parsley. Stir until bouillon is dissolved and mixed into the onions well. Set aside until cool.
3. Mix into sour cream and let sit in the refrigerator for at least one hour to let flavors blend.
4. Serve with chips and your choice of veggies. Enjoy!