· 8.3 ounces graham flour
· 1.8 ounces all-purpose flour
· 3 ounces dark brown sugar
· 3/4 teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
· 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
· 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
· 3 ounces unsalted butter, cut into 1/4-inch cubes and chilled
· 2 ounces molasses
· 1.8 - 2 ounces whole milk
· 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Place both flours, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon into the bowl of a food processor and pulse several times to combine.
2. Add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles cornmeal.
3. Add the molasses, milk and vanilla extract and process until the dough forms a ball, approximately 1 minute.
4. Press the ball into a 1/2-inch thick disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
6. Unwrap the chilled dough and place it onto a large piece of parchment paper and top with a second sheet of parchment paper. Roll the dough out until it is 1/8-inch thick.
7. Slide the rolled dough and parchment paper onto a half sheet pan. Remove the top sheet of parchment paper and cut the dough, using a rolling pizza cutter into 2-inch square pieces, by making vertical and then horizontal cuts all the way across the dough. Trim off any excess. OR – cut into shapes with a cookie cutter.
8. Using a fork, poke holes all over the top of the dough.
9. Leave the crackers on the pan and bake on the middle rack of the oven for 25 minutes or until the edges just start to darken. Remove from the oven, set the sheet pan with the crackers on a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
10. Once completely cool, break into individual crackers and store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.