· 2 red onions, diced (some reserved for garnish)
· 2 garlic cloves, minced
· ½ pound lentils, soaked 2 hours to overnight and drained
· 2 tomatoes, chopped
· 2 tablespoons Gather Greek Seasoning or your favorite Greek Seasoning
· 4 fresh sage leaves
· 2 sprigs fresh oregano
· 2 bay leaves
· 1 chile de arbol
· ½ cup olive oil
· ¼ cup red wine vinegar
· Salt & Pepper to taste
1. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a stockpot over medium-high heat. Add onion, season and cook until starting to pick up color. Add garlic and saute until fragrant.
2. Add the lentils, tomatoes, Greek seasoning, sage, oregano, bay leaves, chile pepper, salt and pepper to the pot and stir. Saute until tomatoes start to break down and caramelize.
3. Add water to cover by 3 inches. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook until lentils are tender, about 25-30 minutes.
4. Stir in the olive oil and vinegar just before serving. Top with reserved onion. Enjoy!