For the Compote:
· ¾ cup fresh or frozen berries of your choice
· ¼ cup orange juice
· Optional: 1 tablespoon freshly chopped herbs (rosemary, lemon balm, thyme, etc)
For the Crust:
· 5 graham crackers, crushed
· 1 tablespoon almond flour or ground almonds
· 1 ½ tablespoons coconut oil, melted
For the Cheesecake Filling:
· 8 ounces low-fat cream cheese
· ¼ cup honey
· ½ teaspoon vanilla
· 6 ounces non-fat Greek yogurt or dairy-free Greek yogurt
· 2 egg whites
· 2 tablespoons lemon juice
· 1 tablespoon flour
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees. Prepare desired pan – this recipe works for an 8x8 pan or mini muffin cups.
2. Combine the graham cracker crumbs, almond meal and coconut oil in a bowl. Stir to combine. Spread into an even layer across pan/s, using fingers to press into place.
3. With a mixer, beat the cream cheese, honey and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add the Greek yogurt, egg whites, lemon juice and flour, mixing until just combined. Pour the cheesecake mixture into the pan and smooth with a spatula.
4. Bake for 25 minutes or until set. Allow cheesecake to come to room temperature and place in refrigerator to set.
5. Make compote by combining ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until berries soften and mixture becomes syrupy. Mash berries slightly. Remove from heat and set aside
6. Once chilled, set and serve topped with berry compote. Enjoy!