· 2 cups heavy whipping cream
· ½ cup whole milk
· ½ cup spiced rum
· 7 egg yolks
· ¾ cup sugar
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
1. In a large bowl, whisk together egg yolks and sugar until light and creamy.
2. In a saucepan over medium heat, scald milk. Scalding is a light steam rising from the pan and small bubbles around the exterior rim of the pan.
3. Once cream is scalded, add very slowly to the egg mixture, tempering the eggs until they can take the rest of the heat. Then add the rest.
4. Add back to the saucepan and cook on medium heat for 5-7 minutes or until slightly thickened.
5. Pour into a clean bowl and place in the refrigerator until cooled.
6. Churn and freeze as directed for your ice cream maker directions.