For the pancakes:
· 2 eggs
· 2 ripe bananas, fresh or frozen & peeled
· 1 cup milk or alternative milk
· 1 handful fresh spinach, stems are ok
· 1 teaspoon vanilla
· ½ cup flour or GF flour
· ½ cup white quinoa, uncooked
· ½ cup coconut
· 2 teaspoons baking powder
· Pinch of salt
· Coconut oil, to fry
· Yogurt of choice
· Maple syrup, honey or agave
· Mixed berries of choice
· Toasted Coconut
1. Add quinoa, flour, coconut, baking powder and salt to a blender and blend until quinoa is broken down into flour form (it is ok if there are a few bits of coconut and quinoa left in the blender). Put in a bowl and set aside.
2. Add eggs, bananas, milk and spinach to the blender. Blend until very smooth and bright green.
3. Add dry ingredients and blend until fully combined. Let batter rest for 5-10 minutes.
4. Cut and prepare berries if needed.
5. Heat a skillet over medium-low heat. Pour pancake batter into pan and wait to flip until bubble form over surface of pancake and edges are just barely cooked. Flip and cook until second side is browned. Place on a baking rack to rest until serving. If needed, place in oven on lowest setting to keep warm.
6. Top pancakes with yogurt, maple syrup, berries and coconut. Enjoy!