· 1 Tomahawk Ribeye 1 ½ - 1 ¾ #
· 2 T. lemon balm, chopped
· 1 T. chive, chopped
· 2 T. oil
· Gather Steak Seasoning, to taste
· 3 T. butter, cut into a couple pats
· Finishing Salt, to taste
1. Combine the herbs with the oil. Rub all over the steak to coat. When coated, add as much Gather Steak Seasoning as you’d like. Set aside for at least an hour, covered – at room temperature.
2. Preheat the grill to medium high.
3. When the grill is hot, add the steak. Grill on the first side to get a nice char. Do not let burn. Grill the steaks in a criss-cross pattern. Flip the steak over, add 3 T. of butter, and repeat the same thing you did on the previous side. At this point, turn the heat of the grill down to medium low and place the steaks on a higher rack and let finish to desired doneness. (12-15 medium rare -22-25 minutes well)
4. Remove the steak from the grill and let rest for 8-10 minutes before serving. Slice the steak on the bias. When you get 2 inches from the bone, stop cutting and display the bone upward. Sprinkle with finishing salt and enjoy!
For the Grapefruit & Fennel Salad:
½ bulb of fennel, shaved, top fronds reserved
½ red onion, shaved
1 grapefruit, supreme + 1 ½ T. juice
2 T. pomegranate molasses
Pinch of sugar
Salt and Pepper
- In a bowl, combine the grapefruit juice, and pomegranate molasses, and a pinch of sugar; stir well. Add the rest of the ingredients plus the fronds from the top of the fennel. Toss well to coat. Serve alongside the steak.