For the nachos:
· 1 pound shredded, cooked chicken
· 1 tablespoon Gather Taco Seasoning or seasoning of choice
· 1 bag tortilla chips
· 2 cups cheddar, shredded
· 1 cup pepper jack, shredded
· 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
· ½ red bell pepper, finely diced
For the toppings:
· 4 green onions, sliced
· 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
· 1 tomato, chopped
· 1-2 jalapenos, sliced
· ½ cup cilantro, chopped
· Crema Fresca, recipe below
· Guacamole, recipe below
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, taco seasoning, black beans and bell pepper.
3. Place a single layer of chips on the bottom of a baking sheet. Sprinkle with chicken mixture, then cheese. Repeat layering nachos, making sure to layer some filling and cheese between each layer. This ensures that even the chips on the bottom have topping!
4. Once layering is done, place in oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and browning.
5. Remove from oven and top with all of the toppings. Enjoy!
For the Guacamole:
· 2 avocados, ripe
· 2 cloves garlic, microplaned
· 1/2 lime, juiced, use to taste
· Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cut the avocados in half, remove the pit and peel. Place in a bowl and mash with a large wooden spoon or fork. Add the garlic, lime juice, and salt and pepper. Mix well again. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
For the Crema Fresca:
· 1 cup heavy whipping cream
· 1 lime, juiced
· Milk, if needed to loosen
1. Place cream in a mason jar or small bowl. Add lime juice. Shake or stir to combine.
2. Note: it is normal for it to separate once refrigerated. Just stir to combine!