For The White Chocolate Panna Cotta
· ½ C. whole milk
· 1 ½ C. heavy cream
· 1/3 C. sugar
· 9 ounces white chocolate
· 1 tsp. vanilla
· 1.5 gelatin sheet, bloomed
1. Bloom gelatin sheets in ice water.
2. Combine the cream, milk, sugar, chocolate, and vanilla in a saucepan and bring to 110 degrees (just over body temperature).
3. Squeeze out excess water out of gelatin sheets and stir into the cream mixture. Strain. Pour into serving containers and refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
For the Blueberry Serrano Jam:
· 1 C. blueberries, fresh
· ¼ C. sugar
· Zest of ½ a lemon plus juice of ½ lemon
· ½ tsp. allspice, ground
· 1-2 serrano peppers, seeded up to you, diced or sliced thin
1. Place all ingredients in a small saucepan. With the flat side of a ramekin, press down to break the blueberries a bit. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook until syrupy. Cool.